Wednesday 2 June 2010

Microsoft TechEd 2010

For many of us, the ability to leave the office has been radically restricted in the last couple of years as a result of the global recession and the travel restrictions imposed by the fall-out from the Icelandic volcano. 

Perhaps the review of conference attendance was long overdue and the recession did us all a favour in making us think seriously about the events/conferences we attend and why. Did we really get anything out of them / what did we bring back to our working environment that made a difference? Ultimately –was it worth the time, expense and effort? That all said, my wife loved the fact I was home more (surprised?) and the kids gets actually got to see their father... for a while.

While I’m on my travels again, some of my colleagues will be attending Tech-Ed 2010 in New Orleans next week .  Sadly, I’ll be missing Tech Ed this year but the journey to the various venues over the years has always been a worthwhile one for me to take. Having the opportunity to hear about developments, speak with the right people and assess which technologies are going to make a difference to me and my business has always proven beneficial and therefore a justified spend.  If I was offer any advice to any one going to Tech Ed 2010, it would be to review the sessions on offer against your business requirements and effectively plan your schedule before you leave.

ChangeBASE will be working alongside our partners, ConverterTechnology and Flexera Software to highlight the integration of AOK into their offerings.  I know that may of my peers, friends and old colleagues are planning to attend Tech Ed and if you do I hope you’ll pop by the stands 743 and 1245 respectively to say hello and hear what we’re doing that might be of use to you.  

No comments: