Monday 1 September 2008

Gallium Partnership

As I have mentioned previously, I work for a company called ChangeBase (www.changebase.com) that makes software to automatically report and resolve application compatibility and packaging related issues.

As part of some blatant self-promotion, I am delighted to announce that we have partnered with Gallium, a South African development and testing consultancy. We started working with the Gallium boys a while ago and I have always been delighted by how easy they made my life.

I remember when I did my first demo to the Gallium crew in Cape Town (SA). I have gave them a 5 minute "briefer" on our software. I showed them how to load application packages into our database, run a few selected reports and show how easy the fixing was. Once done, they just kind of looked at me... Funnily...

And they said, "let me get this straight, you;

1) Drag some MSI packages onto your software
2) Press the Load It button

"And, it's loaded into the database, right?"

I say, "Yep and then select a few reports from the Reports tree and press the "Run it" button. The selected reports will analyze the loaded applications and generate a Red, Amber, Green (RAG) report which indicate if there is a problem, if the issue is fixable or that the application may require an upgrade.

And they said, "When I select a issue with a fix, and I want to resolve that issue, I just press the "Fix-It" button, right?"

I say, "Yep, that's it. And, for every fix, there is a LOG file documenting every change, and a Transform file

And the Gallium boys said, "Fine.... (pause) May I do the next demo to a client?"

I said, "OK, but may come along as well?" "Sure", they said.

Next morning, and in front a prospective client, one of the Gallium technical guys did a sterling demonstration of our software. I mean, I learned quite a lot from what he did - about my own project!

Needless to say, the Gallium crew made and has continued to make my live really easy.

So, here is the press release from our company website;

http://www.changebase.com/news_release_2008_08_27.html


And Good Luck to you Gallium!

No comments: