Here are some of the questions that we covered in the webinar recorded today:
- What’s different about this migration, from Windows 7 to 8 and from Windows XP to Windows 8?
- Will we see a large number of new compatibility issues with the migration to Windows 8?
- Can you give me some examples of the kinds of problems we might encounter?
- What would you recommend if I was on Windows XP now?
- Microsoft has accelerated their OS update and roll-out schedule and has indicated that the monolithic OS upgrade process is over, how will this affect us?
- What about the browser? Moving from IE6 was painful, how is the move to IE10 going to go?
- Now we have multiple platforms for Microsoft OS’es such as surface, RT, mobile, desktop and server, will this add to our compatibility issues?
- What advice do you have for someone planning to migrate to Windows 8?
Greg is a Senior Partner and Principal Technologist with Concentrated Technology. He is a Contributing Editor for TechNet Magazine and Redmond Magazine, as well as a sought-after and top-ranked speaker, seen regularly at conferences like TechMentor, Tech Ed, VMworld, and more. He is a multiple recipient of Microsoft MVP award, VMware's vExpert award, and Citrix’s CTP award.