Here is a break-down of some the cool new features;
1) ChangeBASE can now be run on Windows 8 & Server 2012
- Support for import via SCCM 2012
- Support for the newly release App-V 5.0 for automated conversion of MSIs to this format
There have been many enhancements to the module that converts applications to virtual application formats. Here are the key features:
New virtual applications formats supported. ChangeBASE can automate the creation of all the major application virtualization formats. This release adds support for:
- Microsoft App-V 5.0
- Citrix XenApp Streaming Profiler
New virtual desktop formats supported
It can do this conversion using all major desktop virtualization solutions. The new supported virtual platforms added with this release are:
- VMware Server
Other features for better virtual package creation include:
- Multiple applications can be combined into one virtual package
- Ability to manually intervene in the sequencing process
- Ability to specify pre-requisite applications that need to be installed prior to doing the sequencing capture
- Improved platform support for automated packaging capability
New dashboard report charts
Dashboard reports have been updated to include some useful new features.
Top 5 Issues Chart
The top 5 Issues chart can be displayed instead of the ROI Calculator. This chart, shown in the top right hand of the Dashboard front screen, shows a bar chart of the top 5 most common issues identified from all packages assessed.
The Best Way Forward chart provides a view of compatibility for the user defined platforms (where each platform consists of one or more report groups). Applications that are Red or Amber for the top desired platform (farthest to the left à Win7 + x64 + App-V) are rejected and processed for the next Platform. If the RAG Status is Red or Amber for all Platforms then it will be assigned to the "Incompatible" group (in red).
Here is a sample Best Way Forward Chart:
Progress Summary Target Values
You can now set the target date and target number of packages for the Progress Summary line chart to better track against desired milestones (represented by pink dotted line) in your migration project.
ChangeBASE 5.1 introduced a feature which allows direct imports from SCCM 2007. This capability has been extended in version 5.2 to support direct imports from SCCM 2012.
New SCCM Integration Options
A new SCCM options dialog will appear if the user clicks the options button from the main dialog. This allows the user to specify the following:
- The format of the SCCM view grouping string.
- Whether the SCCM interface should search Distribution Points as well as package source if it cannot access/ find the required files in the package source.
- Set fixed exclusion filters which will hide packages/programs as necessary.
- The SCCM view grouping string is used to group SCCM packages under the SCCM view within ChangeBASE after such packages are imported to ChangeBASE.
Auto-logon for web applications
Some web applications require a user to logon in order to load properly and this can be a problem when trying to automate testing. We’ve just added functionality to enable a user to enter their credentials to get past the initial login screen – this enables a more complete automated test.
MSI Studio Enhancements
There have been several improvements to MSI Studio in this release. Here are some highlights:
Double-clicking on an ICE validation error highlights the issue in the relevant table
Consistent CTRL functions:
Ctrl + F (Find) works across all UI elements
Ctrl + S (Save) works across all UI elements
Tabbed Tables View -- allowing the display of more than one table (see screenshot above – both Component and File tables are tabbed)
Consistent approach to displaying & editing Items in tables
Right-click in a row of a table provides an 'Edit' option which displays the edit dialog for the selected column in the table. This will be consistent across all major tables.
How can I get it?
Download your copy here: http://www.quest.com/changebase