So, I thought that I would mention the latest e-book I have just read, very kindly sent to me by Geeta at Packt Publishing.
It's called Least Privilege Security for Windows 7, Vista, XP and it seems to cover desktop security and the technical requirements involved in getting applications deployed in a Secure Windows 7 desktop environment pretty well.
Here is a brief overview of the areas, this book covers;
- Implement Least Privilege Security in Windows 7, Vista and XP to prevent unwanted system changes
- Achieve a seamless user experience with the different components and compatibility features of Windows and Active Directory
- Mitigate the problems and limitations many users may face when running legacy applications
- Distribute applications, updates and ActiveX Controls to least privilege users with Group Policy, application virtualization and the ActiveX Installer Service
- Ensure reliable remote access for IT administrators to support users by configuring support features and firewall access
You can have a look here: